Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Seeds (again?)

I can't remember if I've written about Seeds Family Worship before, but I think I have.

In any case, their music bears repeat mention.

This morning I was doing a devotional about how my thoughts are like a "soundtrack" constantly playing in my mind, and, consequentially, the importance of my thoughts being focused on God's thoughts.

The devotional didn't specify actual music, but obviously music forms real soundtracks. I know that songs are quite often an effective way for me to have a soundtrack of God's thoughts in my mind.

All morning I've had the SFW Seeds of Praise album playing. Myself and my children have been hearing verses from the Psalms, Isaiah, Zephaniah, and Proverbs. Good stuff to meditate on.

I unreservedly and wholeheartedly would recommend the SWF series!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim!

Thanks for the Seeds mention! Email me at michelle (at) seedsfamilyworship (dot) com and I'll give you all the latest and greatest news from Seeds!
Keep planting!
Michelle
www.seedsfamilyworship.com

Billy and Kate said...

I L-O-V-E Seeds Family Worship! We bought a couple of the CDs last year for our 5 year old cousin, but we put them on our computer first. I admit I have listened to them many times before I even had a kid, they are so great. Totally not annoying like most Christian kids music, plus it's just scripture which is so great! Can't wait for Maryn to learn some of those songs - I already sing a lot of them to her! :)