Sunday, March 10, 2013

Type A suppression

I think it is sometimes more pleasurable to plan for the future than deal with the present. I need to pack and move, but am thinking about my son's birthday party which is coming up in a month. It seems more fun to do that. Then I'll get to that other stuff. I'll feel energized, I think. The good thing is my daughter is learning lessons about this, too. She's learning that if she does what she needs to do in the present, things are better in the future. I don't think she really understands the future beyond a few hours or a night's sleep. I have wondered lately if I am a repressed Type A. In college I thought I was pretty intense and choleric. Somehow I mellowed out later. Being in a place where there seems like a lot of work to be done brings out the perfectionist in me. I have started a cupcake business that's been going for a few months. I think I enjoy making cupcakes because perfection is possible. It gives me something I can do where, at the end of a baking session, I have a batch of pretty things that make me, and someone else, happy.

No comments: