Thursday, May 03, 2007

Welcome to Delaware!

Listening to the self-titled Watermark album from 1998. I guess that was the year my husband and I started dating. Two years later we were married, and one year after that, we moved far away, because we felt like we should. There was a spiritual impulse to go, and a hope that we'd find something.

Now reflecting on the past six years of being here, I feel the same way again: like we are finding our way again, and finding God in our midst, finding that all we really have here and now is... Him.

Though I headed to what seemed like nowhere,
You told me you'd come,
You told me you'd meet me here,
And you were here to say
Welcome to Delaware!

Feels like we're in "Delaware" again, although we never really were in Delaware, and we're not really changing locations. We're changing our landscape in other ways, trusting that if it's what the Lord wanted, He will meet us and be all we need. Hooray!

"Welcome to Delaware," by Nathan and Christy Nockels.

1 comment:

rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.