Friday, November 25, 2011

ChristMonth

Christmas can't be very far away. Just a month. I know it is Black Friday but I am not out there yet. I have to make it to Target this afternoon, but just for the pharmacy. So, maybe I'll get in on the excitement. It would just be for fun; we're not after any big ticket items. Well, as for our Thanksgiving day, we realized yesterday that we had some other friends that were alone. Why hadn't we thought of these people? We don't see them all the time, I guess that's why. By the time we realized it, it was too late to make plans. The connection was made possible in a very strange way. We were watching the news, and there was a fatal shooting down the street from their rental property. I contacted them to find out if they were in town or aware. They were, and alone for Thanksgiving. So, we get to see them tomorrow. I have no idea what the rest of the story was with the shooting. It's in a nice enough neighborhood; a place I'd definitely live. I almost don't want to think about it too much. I have a VERY busy week ahead. Here's the delicious cake I made. It's a bundt!

No comments: