Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Blessed

Today was my birthday. I won't spill the beans, but I'm old enough to run for President now. Don't worry, I don't any political ambitions.

I wanted to write a short post about good friends. Ones who remember your birthday, or hate that they forgot it. This morning I got an e-mail from the Sara Groves camp, with a link to a new song, "Blessed Be the Tie." I thought about friends I've known for a dozen years, and a few from college that I've known for 15 or so, and how I feel like I've known them since we were children. I know about how they grew up, what they believe, how they live, what they value, and they know some of that about me. I miss them so, yet am so grateful to have such friends - they are part of who I am. I don't know if that can happen again - if new friendships can form that were and are that special. Perhaps. I didn't expect it to start at age 22. I may look back and bless the tie that binds some new friendships. For now, I meditate on the blessings already given. Here is the song.

No comments: