Monday, August 08, 2005

Beautiful One

You've opened my eyes to your wonders anew
You've captured my heart with this love
Cause nothing on earth is as beautiful as you.
I'm away from home. There is a fortune cookie message taped to the monitor of the computer on which I work as a guest. It says: "Beautiful things await you." That's a fortune worth keeping!


We sang this song at church yesterday. I'd only ever heard it on the radio before.

Beautiful one, I love (you)
Beautiful one, I adore
Beautiful one, my soul must sing!

The thing is, He really did open my eyes to his wonders anew, and He has been capturing my heart for quite a while. I thought more about the fact that He is beautiful. My friend played a song for our church that said "I will go... because there is none so lovely."

The fact that Jesus is so beautiful is hard to miss, and it does cause my soul to sing. And when things are hard, when I feel like I've given up what I most feared to lose, I remember His worth and surrender. When my soul is downcast because I miss what I've given up, I remember His beauty and my soul is glad again.

O my soul, praise Him!

No comments: