Monday, August 22, 2005

How Great is Our God

At 5:26 this morning, I was awakened by the most powerful peal of thunder I have ever heard. It was so loud and sounded so directly above my roof that my heart started racing before I even knew I was awake. I figured it was a wake-up call, so I've been up since then, and I'm grateful for the early alarm. It made it easy for me to think of God's greatness today. There are people who think that experiencing greatness is just a way of escaping one's own smallness for a little while. Personally, need the reminder of my own smallness, and of His power to keep me in a proper follower's position.

Today's song: "How Great is Our God," by Chris Tomlin. I won't repeat many lyrics here. They repeat the title several times and they express God's completeness through several title phrases like "beginning and the end" and "the Lion and the Lamb." My favorite lines of all say, "He wraps Himself in light/ and darkness tries to hide/ and trembles at His voice." Amen. This morning, He awoke me before dawn so that even in the darkness I could ponder and be assured of His greatness. How awesome is He!

No comments: