Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas to Remember

I woke up this morning with Amy Grant's "Christmas to Remember" song in my head. It's all about the comfort and joy of the Christmas season, like twinkling lights, the smell of evergreens, Nat King Cole, fireplaces, snow and time with loved ones. That is all good stuff, and you know what? I'm glad someone wrote a song about it. Because we need people to remind us how to be happy, and we need to teach our children how to enjoy things. So what if this song is not about the deeper meaning of Christmas. All of the good stuff emanates from that and allows us to enjoy "the hopefulness this season brings." I for one am thankful for it!



Amy Grant Lyrics
A Christmas to Remember Lyrics

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You're right! I don't think we have to get into the deeper meaning of everything all the time - sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the moment.