Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Walk With Me



I put this song on a CD I made for my daughter. Her name means "annointed," and the verses I chose to bless her with with were Psalm 23:5-6, on which this song is based. Little did I know how much this song, and she, would be a source of overflowing blessing to me.

Here's how it works. I have more to do when taking care of my newborn daughter than I thought I could possibly handle. Minute by minute, my husband and I are providing 100% of care for her. We don't sleep or get out as much as we used to. Somehow it all works out; we get to the end of the day. And there is joy along the way, and sometimes, even some peace.

Like yesterday, when I got out to Wal-mart for the first time in a month. I got the whole trip, start to finish, done in an hour. That never happens. But it happened in part because WM was fairly empty. It was like the Lord was leading me beside quiet waters. And as I shopped, I was thanking the Lord that I could get out of the house and attend to the needs of my family. And suddenly I realized He was restoring my soul.

I started wondering if this song were written by someone in my exact situation; watered-down, or decaffeinated coffee, is about the only kind I can drink in any satisfying quantity. My husband and I must speak in hushed voices. Sometimes we feel empty and sometimes we feel strong. But I think that it's just a good song that speaks a universal lesson about trusting, and God providing, that peace like the Good Shepherd can.

No comments: