Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Not Perfect...

So we've been on the road this weekend, got home and had to figure out what to do for dinner before we put kids to bed, go to Wal-Mart, and finish prep for our Christmas tomorrow. We're kind of tired and the house is a mess. It's not going to be perfect. This weekend I caught a few minutes of a kids' Christmas cartoon, the theme of which, in the end, was that "It's not perfect, but it's Christmas." It fit beautifully with what I felt the Lord had been teaching me over the weekend, which is that I can still rejoice even when things don't turn out quite like I'd imagined. He used the last few verses in Habakkuk. The "It's not perfect, but it's _________" formula works for a lot of things. Well, this post isn't perfect, but it's done.

No comments: