Thursday, May 23, 2013

Like a lake

I had originally meant to post about this song the other day as my first response to the devastation in Central Oklahoma. So much information was coming in that was almost impossible to assimilate, or, I feel, respond to completely. I very much trusted the Lord was near to the victims, and very quickly have seen just how eager are all of the neighbors to help their friends in need. So, some gladness has come in to replace the deep crater of grief originally carved. This song was written in reflection upon murder victims in Africa who chose to forgive their enemies. The sentiment and the imagery are very closely linked to the natural disaster suffered by so many. I have noticed, at least on Facebook, an eagerness to gladden things up, and I think this is so good and appropriate. I suppose right now the work being done is just first aid of sorts. The pain will linger and the recovery will take time. When the shock is over, and the media attention diminishes, this is when this song speaks about the way I wish healing would proceed. bring the wind and bring the thunder bring the rain till I am tried when it's over bring me stillness let my face reflect the sky and all the grace and all the wonder of a peace that I can't fake wide open like a lake

No comments: