Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Morning has Broken

Morning has not yet broken, but as I sit with my coffee mug in front of my workroom window, I am absolutely sure it will, and I will thank the Lord for it. I woke up with this song in my mind - I absolutely love it, it is one of my favorite hymns. I think I was just anticipating how God would be good, but as I sang the words, I knew that they were not quite true, because, well, I sang them very early (so early I couldn't even sing out loud because my vocal chords were drowsy).

My guided Bible study today was on Romans 13:12-14, which says that the night is almost past, and the day is near. The day referred to is Christ's return. The New Testament writers wrote in several places that His coming was very near, nearer than they originally thought, so near that it should affect our everyday behavior. Well, they wrote that 2000 years ago. Were they mistaken? I can't help relating it to my singing morning songs before the morning has risen. I absolutely know it's coming, and I'm so thrilled about it it affects my behavior. I know I'm no fool to praise God for the sunlight even though it hasn't come yet.

He is so good - the dawn of each morning is just a token of a future glorious dawn. Awake my heart! We'll awaken the dawn!

No comments: