Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Passing the torch



So I cried a little when I watched the American women's gymnastics team win a gold last night.  It was a very sweet win!  I remember watching as a kid and thinking how graceful the gymnasts were.  I myself learned to do a cartwheel in my lifetime.  Could even do one on a balance beam.  Oh, yeah.

Now that swimming is wrapping up and most gymnastics are done, I think I'm going hand off the games to others to cheer the teams on.  My husband and I talked about how much more we've enjoyed watching this time around because it is all in HD.  Such a spectacle!  Yet I am too inspired by the athletes' discipline not to feel like I need to get to work.

Oh yeah - I loved the girls' jackets on the medal stand.  They're actually for sale.  Guess who won't be buying one?  But I predict this will be a new fashion trend.






No comments: