Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Surprises

We are home today. It is overdetermined. We can't get out, and there aren't many places we really ought to be other than here. Surprisingly, it's been a good day; the kids have played nicely and even shown sign of some developmental progress (always encouraging with a toddler and preschooler). Kids are playing in back yard and seem to really like it. 64 or so out there this January day; got to love Oklahoma weather and all of its surprises (earthquakes, tornadoes, Sprinter, etc.). Friends can surprise you, too. There is something I need regular help with and have been struggling to find it; I felt like God put on my heart to get in touch with a couple of people, but have not, because I have assumed they were too busy. Well, I called two of them today, almost apologetically. One said she'd be happy to help almost any other time, which was good to know, and the other agreed to do it, with hardly a hesitation. God can surprise me. Happiness is being surprised by little moments. Well, wouldn't you know; before I could finish typing this up I hear a little voice tell me of a developmental regression... that I have to clean up... life is never as neat and tidy as a blog post.

No comments: