Thursday, July 05, 2012

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

We are having a high-protein breakfast today.  I made smoothies with protein powder, powdered milk, frozen fruit and water, plus breakfast burritos.  If that sounds complicated or impressive, it's just a result of combining what I had on hand into recognizable, tasty food shapes.

I think the smoothies were a hit because my little boy drank two Cars 2 sippies of it.  I knew he wouldn't really eat his burrito - he unrolls things and discards the tortilla - so did my daughter.  Oh, well.  We're going for protein.

Here is a dose of the serious cuteness this guy's smile brings into my day on a regular basis.


I could add a picture of the tantrum he is throwing on the floor right now, but you don't want to see that, do you?

Alright, so I only got as far as the first word in the subject. Expect lunch and dinner soon...

...

In the few minutes now before our time of use savings kick in and I run some laundry, here's what I did for lunch and dinner.

For lunch, the kids had leftovers at their playdate.

I also had leftovers; rice and beans plus the contents of a kabob leftover from yesterday.  It was SO GOOD, and something I would NEVER bother putting together for its own sake - I mean I'd never grill veggies and chicken to put them in rice and beans.


For dinner I thawed a frozen dish I'd made from our church's cookbook; the recipe contributor blogs at recipesforroger.blogspot.com and is quite a cook.  I think she brought us this meal when I had just had the little guy smiling above.


It's spaghetti, chicken, cream soup, cheese, Rotel, salt and pepper.  So good!

Well, time of use kicked in and someone is crying in the other room, and it sounded like a fall.  Earlier today I found this:


Which is just life with my toddler boy.  All is well now, but I need to go check.

No comments: