Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Worth the Wait

This morning I went for a walk around our neighborhood lake, just to stretch my legs.  The lake level is quite low - a dry and weary land, indeed.

When I came home, my little girl was enjoying one of yesterday's pop tarts.  Were they good?  The answer from this little foodie was an emphatic, "Mmmm - hmmm."


This little cutie makes me laugh and smile so much.  Right now she is actually standing on a five-gallon bucket, looking on, amused that a picture of her is on the computer.  She's wanting more pictures of herself, and wanting to watch a movie.

We have a few good kids' albums we play a lot, and she's started to memorize and sing them.  Yesterday in the store, she was singing, "He is watching over you/ Ever faithful, ever true/ So be still, my soul, be still/ And know that He is God." This is from the first scripture lullabies album.  We also have a few of the Seeds Family Worship albums, which are also scripture set to music.

Sometimes this little girl reads my mind.  This morning as I was on my walk, I was thinking of the song that says, "Blessed are all who fear the Lord/ Who walks in His ways/ Walk in His ways." Maybe I was humming it or something, because then this morning I heard my daughter singing the same tune, but she had made an adaption to the lyric.  She was singing, "Walk in mistakes/ walk in mistakes." I had to kiss her sweet face and laugh.

That's exactly what I was thinking about this morning as I pondered my walk and listened to Sara Groves' song, "I'll Wait." Well, this little one isn't quite going to let me wait, so I'll embed this unlicensed video of it.  I can so relate to the feeling that there is so much I could do that would be ultimately a waste instead of an investment.



I was also thinking this morning about times I did not wait for the Lord, and ran with the horses right out of safe pasture.  I learned painful lessons that way, which ultimately brought me back closer to my shepherd.  I thought of Psalm 119:71, "It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes." I have thought of that verse quite a bit, unfortunately.  But the Lord leads with cords of kindness, out of the wilderness, and I am still blessed to walk with Him.

No comments: