Saturday, July 21, 2012

Joy comes in the morning

His mercies are new every morning!  That is why I sing!

My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.
Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn. (Psalm 57:7-8)


This morning I checked on my daily bible Psalms 30 was part of it.  Deep calls to deep at these words: "For His anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.... You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." 




In a lesser version of morning glory, the ketchup pictured in previous post looks like this after blending and straining.  It doesn't have the consistency of ketchup; it seems like corn starch or corn syrup would be necessary to thicken it.  It is SERIOUSLY spicy and will be great as a tapenade on bean burgers.  Plus, as I told my daughter, I saved some tomatoes this way!





No comments: