Monday, July 23, 2012

Here's looking at Lorelai

Alrighty, my recently relocated friend recently posted this yogurt dough recipe on her blog.  I've been aiming to put it together for weeks and finally got to it this morning.

You melt and cool 1 cup of butter.




Then you add a cup of yogurt, and cream the mixture.  In my case, it was just mixing - no cream was produced.  But I did make the yogurt myself, which I think would make Lorelai proud.


Then you add 3 1/2 C flour and 1 t salt, and mix until a nice dough forms.  This is what mine ended up looking like. 



Then you cover it, and allow it to rest in a warm place for 12-24 hours.  I decided to cloak it to keep in the warmth produced by the heating pad.  This is similar to the method I use to make yogurt (see earlier post).



It smells and tastes really good.  My friend says you can use it for a lot of different things.  I am very interested to see how this turns out tomorrow.

No comments: